Voice Over Tips for Beginners. Just because you have an amazing or unique voice doesn’t mean you’re going to be the best voice over talent ever. You have to work to be a professional voice actor. Here you can find some tips to become a voice artist.
Related article: How to Make a Voice Over Demo.
1. You need to read out loud to learn to master intonation, punctuation, breathing or timing.
You will have to stamp your own style and be able to emphasize certain parts of the scripts and the only way to achieve that is practicing. Voice acting is an art, a beautiful one, but it requires a lot of determination and perseverance to gain the voice acting skills.
2. There are so many options to express different meaning into words using your voice. To start with, focus on these:
– Technical training. As mentioned before reading is a must. Also con you try with tongue twisters, and diction,pronunciation and breathing exercises.
– Interpretation skills. Use your creativity to bring to life the written word. Understanding emotions and learning to express them with your voice is essential.
– Intention. It will guide you through the script and will make you interpret the script the right way
As a practice try different emotions and intentions while reading, like happiness, flatter, anger, fear, love, whatever you can think of.
3. Warm up, not only your voice, but your body too. Stretch your facial muscles, exercise your lips, cheeks, mouth and twist your tongue.
4. You absolutely must learn to record your own voice.
You can start with a computer or a laptop to first record you practice session and then edit it to make it sound better improving the sound and filtering out noise.
For beginners a condenser microphone is a reasonable first choice. And for an audio editor program, Audacity is really easy to use and also free. Remember, listening to your voice is the main goal here.
What do you think about these voice over tips for beginners? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section.
Related article: How to Become a Voiceover Artist. 10 Tips.